Music Concrete Project

Hamilton Mix

All the tracks I made are some recordings I got around my house. I then tweaked each recording with Audacity. I then mixed the tracks on Soundtrap to compose this Hamilton Mix. Here is a list of what I did with each recording and track:  

  • Dear Theodosia:
    My daughter recorded the Dear Theodosia of Hamilton musical for me. I used Graphic EQ to eliminate some noise
    .
  • And broke my heart:
    This is from the same track I recorded and edited from Dear Theodosia. I just cut one part of the song, "and broke my heart", and repeated it throughout the Hamilton Mix.

  • Room where it happens:
    My daughter recorded The Room Where It Happens for me. It was too soft on the original recording, so I used Normalize effect to adjust the sound volume. I also used Compressor to minimized the peak sound that's not wanted in order to Normalize the track again for louder volume. I also Change the Pitch of the track.

  • Chipmunk Rap:
    My daughters recorded the beginning of Guns and Ships for me. I Changed the Pitch.

  • Lafayette:
    This was a part of the Guns and Ships that my daughter recorded. I just took the Lafayette part out, and Changed the Pitch lower, use Distortion, and Reverb effects.

  • Flute Static:
    This was initially a flute playing of my daughter playing over Rocky music. I took the first long note I got, and use Distortion and Change the Pitch effects to get the static sound.

  • WahWah:
    This was initially the sound my dehumidifier made when it was on. I used Change the Speed and WahWah effect to make this track. 

  • Chichi:
    This was also from the dehumidifier sound I recorded. I took a different part of that recording and used Distortion, Change the Speed, and Change the Pitch effects to get this sharp and short beat track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5

Canon in D Soundtrap Project

Week 1